A user-centric approach enabling:
- easy discovery and access to geospatial information
- process of information from different sources
- creation of added-value information;
- “end user-controlled” added value services (the user is in the “driver’s seat”)
- dissemination and trade of added-value information and services.
A comprehensive web set of “building blocks” to:
- Implement Spatial Data Infrastructures; Ensure data and services interoperability
- Manage security and rights
- Enforce the compliance with INSPIRE.
An enabler of the future Information Marketplace, supporting:
- creation of an open market for geospatial information and services;
- “actors” to develop and market thematic and generic web-based services
- “data owners” to market their data