SPACEBEL has various classes of clean rooms. The cleanrooms provide environmentally controlled areas which are typically used for the assembly, testing and integration of satellite equipment.
SPACEBEL manages and maintains clean rooms ranging from ISO class 5 to ISO class 7, with working areas between 36 m2 and 500 m2. The clean rooms are ISO 14644 compliant, with most meeting ECSS requirements.
The SPACEBEL facilities are ISO 14644 certified, including a Class 7 zone (US Federal Standard 209E Class 10000) and a Class 5 zone (US Federal Standard 209E Class 100) totaling 500 m².
Typical activities taking place in clean rooms are:
- Assembly, testing and integration of spacecraft instruments
- Assembly, alignment, testing and integration of optomechanical components
- Assembly, alignment, testing and integration of optoelectronic components
- Packaged storage of electronic components
- The concept of the ISO 5 zone is based on a vertical laminar flow, ceiling (height = 6m) equipped with a Fan Filter Unit, perforated slab floor. 99.9995% HEPA filtration of particles from 0.1 μm to 1 μm in diameter. Air renewal rate ± 400 Vol / h.
- The concept of the ISO 7 zone is based on a turbulent vertical flow particle filtration (height = 6m). 99.995% HEPA filtration of particles from 0.5 μm to 5 μm in diameter. Air change rate ± 40 Vol / h.
- Temperature 20°C ± 1°C, humidity 45% RH ± 5%
- Two seismic blocks: 9m by 2.0m and 9m by 1.5 m
- Conductive ground to prevent the build-up of electrostatic charges.
- Dimensions and classification:
|ISO 14644 Class||Surface|
|Zone ISO 5||70m²|
|Zone ISO 7||300 m²|
|Zone ISO 8||70 m²|
For all enquiries related to the clean rooms, please contact: cleanrooms at spacebel dot com