Junior Software Engineer (C++)
ABOUT THE JOB
To support our growth in a fast moving sector, SPACEBEL is looking for a junior software engineer (C++) profile to join our satellite modelling & simulation team. Under the lead of the project manager, you will :
- participate in the improvement of a simulator infrastructure;
- contribute to the design and the development of equipment models or operating tools;
- realise the integration and the set up of simulators;
- operate tests and validate the results obtained.
Attracted by our business sector and passionate about IT systems, our future colleague will pay particular attention to the optimization and the quality of the delivered “code” in respect of the space coding standards. Reliable by nature, you are a fully engaged person we can count on.
This vacant position is located in our offices in Hoeilaart, near Brussels, where a young and dynamic team is working in a serene atmosphere that fosters exchanges and ensures respect of the Human being.
THE PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
> Education & experience :
- Master’s degree preferred, ideally in one of the following fields: computer sciences, engineering or equivalent with a strong affinity for IT;
- Between a few months to 3 years of significant experience;
- An internship or a final thesis related to the space sector is an asset.
> Technical skills :
- Advanced knowledge of software development methods and standards. The knowledge of ECSS standards is considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of one or several programming languages : C, C++, TCL/TK or Python under Linux environment;
- Knowledge of UML, Agile methodologies;
- A knowledge or a first experience of SMP2 standard applied to simulation models is a serious advantage;
- A solid knowledge of technical English is essential, both for the reading of specifications as for the writing of documentation.
> Other skills :
- Strong motivation for computer science and the space sector;
- Curiosity for learning new programming languages and systems;
- Versatility and creative mindset to identify technical solutions that meet our customers’ needs;
- Good management of time and priorities to deliver on time;
- Excellent oral and writing skills to communicate effectively with all stakeholders (including users);
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team.
YOU MATCH THE PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR AND/OR YOU WISH TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF?
Do not hesitate anymore and contact us to book a time slot in order to share our views on the mission…
STILL NOT CONVINCED?
This is a first overview of our employee value proposition :
- A permanent contract in a professional and stimulating environment (space sector);
- An attractive and complete compensation package in line with your profile and experience;
- An opportunity to challenge yourself in exciting projects using the latest technology;
- A company that really shows interest in its collaborators;
- Training sessions on regularis basis.
READY TO JOIN US?
Fill in the recruitment form and we will get in touch wih you soon.
For any question or further information, please contact:
Antoine Rizzo, HR Manager
Rue des Chasseurs Ardennais 6 – LIEGE Science Park – B-4031 Angleur
Tel: +32 (0) 4 361 81 11 – Fax: +32 (0) 4 361 81 20